The biggest problem with concrete floors, whether in good or not so good condition, is that they are dull, grey, and basically ugly!”
I’ll bet that, at one time or another, you have looked at your concrete basement, garage, or patio floor, and wished that there was a way that you could hide the sheer unattractiveness and make that floor look good.
Did you know that there is a myriad of ways to treat your cement floor to create a floor you can love and feel proud of?
You can hire a contractor to do this job, but doing so may really deplete your bank account.
Imagine being able to do this yourself, have a thorough understanding of all the necessary materials, and ideas to design a floor that will be the source of admiration to your friends and neighbors and a joy to you for years to come.
As an award-winning artist and designer, a fine arts painter and with years of experience dealing with real estate, aesthetics has been of major concern for me for over 25 years.
Believing strongly that beauty in surroundings can add much richness to one’s life, I have studied and gathered all the critical information I could find, on how to beautify certain aspects of the home, namely in this case, ugly cement floors.
I can understand how you might feel about this issue. I have been the owner of several homes that have hard floors in the basement and garage that really presented a problem to me before I learned about how to make them attractive and practically maintenance-free.
Here, for example, are some questions of uppermost concern to many homeowners:
- What about those oil stains on the garage floor?
- What about putting down a carpet in the basement to cover the ugliness of that concrete floor?
- What other solutions exist other than laying down a carpet or spending the money putting down a wooden floor?
I learned that oil stains on the garage floor can really be a thing of the past!
I also learned that putting down a carpet on the concrete floor in the basement is not a recommended solution. Why? It can be a proven health hazard and a major headache.
And laying down a wooden floor on top of concrete presents its own host of major issues to deal with.
If you intend to transform your floor by yourself, I have found that it is very important to:
- Understand the unique qualities of concrete so that you make the right decision with your design and make it look professional at a fraction of the cost it would be with a contractor
- Know what materials and tools you will need for your project to save you time and money on mistakes made without the right supplies
- Learn how to prepare your concrete floor to ensure your designs will last and prevent costly mistakes that you would have to repair or fix again and again
- Discover many options and ideas on what you can do to create unique and beautiful designs
- Learn simple tricks and tips on how to maintain your floor so it looks fresh and clean and new at all times for years.
Painting and designing your concrete floor is more than just buying a bucket of paint. It requires a knowledge of all the appropriate materials you will need as well as all the necessary steps for the preparation of the floor so that you can avoid those unanticipated problems and the expense that may occur down the road.